If you register, you can do a lot more. And become an active part of our growing community. You'll have access to hidden forums, and enjoy the ability of replying and starting conversations.

WSR Diesel Gala - Friday 9th- Sunday 11th June 2017

Discussion in 'Galas and events' started by Captain Fantastic, Sep 18, 2016.

1. QB steward

QB steward Member

Quantock Belle dining train manager
    Heritage Railway Volunteer:
    Yes I am an active volunteer

Nick, check out the official page:

http://www.west-somerset-railway.co.uk/events/detail/diesel-gala-and-rail-ale-trail

The small charge refers to regular entry fees to WSR based museums and model railways and is, I think, unrelated to anything specific to this event.

Interestingly, the official page specifies a limit to the number of beer tokens available for advance purchase. Whether 'on the day' purchases are limited is not specified.

The Quantock Belle breakfast and luncheon service will operate throughout the event.

2. QB steward

QB steward Member

Quantock Belle dining train manager
    WSR plc have now confirmed that there is in fact no additional charge for entry to Rail Ale Trail sites. Half-pint beer tokens will be available on the day, priced £1.50 each. Up to four tokens may be purchased in advance online for a discounted price of £1.25 each. Details here:

http://www.west-somerset-railway.co.uk/events/detail/diesel-gala-and-rail-ale-trail

West Somerset Wizard likes this.
  3. Captain Fantastic

Captain Fantastic New Member

Guido Killer Pimp
    Well here we all are then, less than three months to go to the gala and apart from some random beer gen the wall of silence on this gala is deafening, they seam to just be obsessing over the flying money pit and the diesels can go with the also-rans yet again not surprising just utterly predictable